Principal Scientist; Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Job ID E2016-2
Job ID E2016-2
Title: Principal Scientist
Exnodes has an immediate opening for a Principal Scientist specializing in Machine Learning, Statistical Learning, and Artificial Intelligence. The candidate will lead the creation of internal and customer facing data categorization, classification, processing and analysis solutions for Exnodes’ wafer inspection systems.
Work within Exnodes’ R&D division to develop a revolutionary semiconductor wafer inspection technology. Wafer inspection tools are critical in semiconductor fabs to enhance yield. Research in this division encompasses next generation optical design and implementation as well as advanced Computer Vision (CV), Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms.
An ideal candidate will have a PhD in statistics, mathematics or computer science specializing in Statistical Analysis and Machine Learning, supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms, Deep Learning, and Data Science. The candidate would be responsible for research and architectural decisions involved in implementing their expertise.
The candidate will also work to create supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms in support of a cloud based data processing and analysis suite that will be compliant with SEMI standards.
Responsibility and Duties:
- Lead R&D efforts in supervised and unsupervised ML algorithms
- Learn and implement the latest SEMI standards in data analysis
- Code and test ML prototypes for in-house software programs
- Work closely with software architects to implement these solutions
- Create and optimize objective functions based on physical data and detection scenarios
- Suggest and develop CV, ML and AI methodologies
- Conduct end-user training upon completion of any analysis software
- Instruct colleagues on ML, AI and CV fundamentals and applications
- Balance workday between multiple projects
- PhD in statistics, mathematics, computer science or closely related field
- Research emphasis on computer vision and data analysis using machine learning, deep learning, neural nets and artificial intelligence
- Proven record of academic research and publication in leading journals
- Industry experience a plus
- 3+ years’ software and algorithm development experience
- Extensive experience with Python, Matlab, R and C++ as well as leading ML environments (TensorFlow, SKLearn, Caffe, Scikit etc.)
- Statistical analysis software experience (JMP, SAS etc.) required
- Computer vision experience strongly preferred
- Algorithms development and optimization experience required
- Familiarity and experience with SEMI standards a plus
- Experience in the Semiconductor Equipment Field a plus
- Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to troubleshoot problems quickly
- An excitement for a fast paced and challenging startup environment
- Work among the finest technologists in the industry
- Opportunity to enable semiconductor nodes of the future
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- Best in class 401(K) plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
Direct Hire Only.
No Phone Solicitations.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Exnodes Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.