Principal Optical Scientist
Job ID E2018-4
Exnodes has an immediate opening for a Principal Optical Scientist to invent, design and build revolutionary next generation wafer inspection systems.
Exnodes maximizes semiconductor yield with Computational Parallel Inspection® (CPI). CPI enables rapid detection, identification, and root-cause analysis required to eliminate nanoscale defects inherent in leading-edge semiconductor fabrication.
As a Silicon Valley company, Exnodes is home to inventors, designers, and developers whose singular mission is to push the limits of semiconductor inspection through computational imaging and machine learning.
Responsibility and Duties:
- Create optical system designs to satisfy product specifications
- Identify and procure optical & optomechanical components per system specifications
- Build optical systems
- Characterize system performance with meticulous measurements
- Create analytical and numerical models that describe experimental observations
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to transfer technology from R&D to production
- Document designs, results & best practices.
- Masters or PhD in Engineering or Physics with specialization in Optics
- Expertise in Optical System Design, Optical Imaging, Physical Optics, Fourier Optics & Optoelectronics is required
- PhD with 2+ years of industry experience, or Masters with 4+ years inudstry experience
- An excitement for a fast paced and challenging startup environment
- Opportunity to enable semiconductor nodes of the future
- Work among the finest technologists in the industry
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- Best in class 401(K) plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Exnodes Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.